Road and Sidewalk Snow Ploughing
Winter will soon enough be upon us and the Public Works Department would like to remind everyone that you can do your bit to help.
When it comes to ploughing roads, it is essential that everyone follow the winter parking restrictions. No parking is allowed on any Town road between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. starting November 15th and running until April 15th.
The following will also go a long way to ensuring roads and sidewalks are safely and efficiently ploughed.
- Keeping sidewalks clear of landscape objects & debris and the adjoining area (0.45m either side)
- Ensure that garbage cans are well setback from the road
- Residents are responsible to clear their own driveway entrance
- Do not shovel, blow or plough snow onto roads & sidewalks
- Pile snow downstream of plough direction
- Maintain visibility by not creating large piles of snow at the end of your driveway
- Utilize your entire front yard for snow storage
- Sump pumps must discharge onto private property (1.8 metres from foundation wall is recommended). Do Not Discharge onto sidewalks or roadway
- After every winter, please take a good look at your mailbox and post to check for stability. The Town is not responsible for mail (a federal responsibility). If snow dislodges your box and post, it is your responsibility to repair.
If you are aware of a road hazard, please notify us at 519.941.3599, extension 225, during office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
After office hours, please call 519.939.2480 and leave a message (time, date and nature of the hazard).
Sidewalk Snow Ploughing Map
The below interactive maps shows which sidewalks the Town ploughs. You can pan and zoom to see your neighbourhood.
Fire Protection Zones
» Fire Area Map (opens in new tab/window)
Use the above link to open a map where you can search by street address to determine which Fire Area you live in.
Call the Town Office at (519) 941-3599 if you are unsure which fire department serves your property.
Properties in the Town of Mono are served by one of four fire departments.