Customer Service Pledge
Provide Prompt, Accurate Service
- If the person you wish to see is unavailable, another member of staff will try to assist you. If no other staff member is able to assist, we will provide you with a phone number and/or email to contact the staff person you wish to speak with in order to leave a message.
- We will answer the phone promptly. We will not put you on hold for longer than is absolutely necessary and never for more than two minutes without giving you the option to speak with someone else or to ask for us to call you back.
- When a staff member is unavailable, messages — be they voice, email or by web/social media — will, subject to holidays and extended absences, be returned within two business days.
- When a staff member is away from the office for more than one day, a voice message will indicate how long he or she will be absent.
- When a staff member is away from the office for more than one day, an email out of office notification will indicate how long he or she will be absent. The notification will also provide another staff member who may be able to assist you.
Treat Every Customer with Importance
- We will greet you in a polite, friendly manner.
- If you are not happy with the customer service you receive, you can let us know in the manner that best suits your needs, be that in person, writing, telephone, email or online. You also have the option to contact any member of Council or the Ontario Ombudsman. Customer service issues will always be treated confidentially.
- We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect. If you feel that we have violated your personal privacy, you may submit a complaint to either the Town Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.