The Clerk's Office is primarily responsible to coordinate Council meeting functions, prepare bylaws and to oversee the municipal elections.
In accordance with the Municipal Act, a municipality shall appoint a clerk whose duty it is:
- to record, without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the council;
- if required by any member present at a vote, to record the name and vote of every member voting on any matter or question;
- to keep the originals or copies of all by-laws and of all minutes of the proceedings of the council;
- to perform the other duties required under this Act or under any other Act; and
- to perform such other duties as are assigned by the municipality.
The department also oversees licensing and vital statistics functions for the Town and oversees accessible customer service.