Public Works

The Public Works Department oversees the Cardinal Woods and Island Lake Drinking Water Systems and buildings and all infrastructure associated with the following:

  • Town roads and bridges
  • Town forests
  • Administration and Public Works department building
  • Town's solar panels on the Public Works department building
  • Hockley House
  • Mitchell Church

Public Works will also oversee the Wastewater Sewage Plant in Brookfiled (Fieldstone subdivision) when this subdivision is assumed by the Town.

» Go to Drinking Water Systems page
» Go to Roads and Bridges page


Road-Related Emergencies

During office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) call 519.941.3599, extension 225

In case of after hours road related emergencies, please call 519.939.2480

Please leave a message including time, date and nature of the emergency and an operations employee will contact you.

After Hours Water Emergencies

During after hours water related emergencies, please call the Town of Orangeville Water Department emergency number:
Press #3 for Public Works
and then
Press #9 for After Hours

Wastewater Emergencies (Fieldstone Subdivision Only)

Regular Business Hours: Wastewater Department | 519.941.3599 ext. 233

After hours emergency: 519.939.2480

Please leave a message including time, date and nature of the emergency and an operations employee will contact you.

Road Occupancy & Property Access Permits

Please remember no one is allowed to perform work on a road allowance without proper permits. Please contact the Public Works department if you need to perform work: | 519.941.3599, 225

Type of Permit Fee Form
Road Occupancy
(Utility Contractors)
No Fee » Download Form
New driveway/Entrance Permit: $100
Deposit: $300

Permit: $200
Deposit: $300
» Download Form
Road Occupancy - Resident
Includes pool installation, landscape work & logging
Permit: $250
Deposit: $2000
» Download Form
  1. The permit and deposit fees are required in full at the time of application.
  2. Insurance in the amount of 5,000,000 naming Town of Mono as none liable required before permit is issued.
  3. The deposit will be refunded once the work has been inspected and accepted by the Town. (See permit for conditions).
  4. Make cheques payable to Town of Mono or by using Debit Card (Interac®) at the Municipal Office.
  5. Completed applications, including payment, may be mailed or hand delivered to the Mono Municipal Office.
  6. Remember: all of the permits require Utility Locates to protect your infrastructure.
Ontario One Call Logo

Call Ontario One Call before You Dig» 1-800-400-2255.

Director of Public Works and Roads Superintendent

Michael Dunmore, CRS 
519.941.3599, 228

Administrative Assistant

Kara Barrett 
519.941.3599, 225

347209 Mono Centre Road | Mono, ON L9W 6S3
Phone: (519) 941-3599 | Fax: (519) 941-9490