Statutory Public Meeting: Official Plan Amendment 41 | July 24th
Notice of Statutory Public Meeting
Official Plan Amendment - Number OPA 41
Municipal Wide Natural Heritage System
In accordance with Sections 22 and 17 (15) of the Planning Act, Council for the Town of Mono will hold a Statutory Public Meeting on:
Tuesday, July 24th, 2018
Town of Mono - Council Chambers
(347209 Mono Centre Road)
Official Plan Amendment 41 (OPA 41), if approved by Town Council, would fulfill a Provincial mandate under Section 2.1 of the (2014) Provincial Policy Statement (PPS) to identify a Natural Heritage System (NHS) in Ecoregions 6E in which the Town of Mono resides. OPA 41 also fulfills a key policy under Section 4.2.2 of the Provincial Growth Plan for relevant lands in the Town as well as supporting related key goals in the associated Provincial Plans for the Greenbelt, Niagara Escarpment and Oak Ridges Moraine.
A key policy theme of OPA 41 is to protect and enhance natural heritage features and areas in conjunction with decisions on applications for proposed developments and/or site alterations under Part III of the Planning Act. The natural heritage policies in OPA 41 will broadly protect, conserve, and enhance the Town’s natural heritage features and areas and will also provide the local basis for a future County-wide NHS to be undertaken as part of the Dufferin County Official Plan Municipal Comprehensive Review.
No key map is provided as OPA 41 is a Municipal-wide Amendment.
OPA 41 can be reviewed at the Town Municipal Office during regular business office hours and is also available online: OPA 41
Notification of the Decision
If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Town of Mono on the proposed official plan amendment, you must make a written request to the Town of Mono Planning Department at the address noted below.
If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submission to the Town of Mono before the proposed official plan amendment is adopted, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Town of Mono to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) and the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the LPAT unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
For more information about this matter, including information about preserving your appeal rights, contact David Trotman, Director of Planning, at Town of Mono, 347209 Mono Centre Road, Mono ON L9W 6S3 Phone – 519-941-3599 Ext 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentation given by Tim Brook, P.Eng, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Presentation given by James Dyck, P.Eng, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs,Vineland, Ontario, Canada
- Presentation given by Patricia Murakami
- Presentation given by Gary Murakami
- Presentation given by Terry Woloszyn
- Presentation given by Felicite Morgan
- Transcription of questions asked by members of the public gallery
- Natural Heritage AtlasAn interactive history of the natural heritage and geology in Mono. A user guide for this Atlas is available at
Atlas User Guide
Natural Heritage Planning MapThe Natural Heritage System Planning Map includes parcels, draft natural heritage system layers, and municipal boundaries. A user guide for this Planning Map is available at Heritage System Planning App User Guide
- Statutory Notice of Public Meeting: Official Plan Amendment 41 | July 24, 2018
- Notice of Adoption OPA 41 | Last Day for Filing a Notice of Appeal is August 15, 2018
- Final Official Plan Amendment (OPA) 41 Part A, B, C | July 24, 2018
- Final Official Plan Amendment, Consolidated Text (OPA 41 Part B) | July 24, 2018
- Notice of Complete Application OPA 41 | August 15, 2017
- Comments on Draft OPA 41
- NVCA/CVC/TRCA Comments | October 31, 2017
- County of Dufferin Comments | September 29, 2017
- MMAH/MNRF/OMAFRA/MOECC -(One Window) Comments | May 18, 2018
- Natural Heritage Committee Report to Council | July 25, 2017
- Official Plan Amendment (OPA) 41 Part A, B, C | August 3, 2017
- Official Plan Amendment Consolidated Text (OPA 41 Part B)
Official Plan Schedule Maps
- Schedule H1- Natural Heritage System
- Schedule H2- Natural Heritage System with Designations
- Schedule H3 - Surface Water Features
- Schedule H4 - Wetlands
- Schedule H5 - Significant Woodlands
- Schedule H6 - Areas of Natural & Scientific Interest
- Schedule H7 - Significant Valleylands
- Schedule H8 - Natural Heritage Areas
- Schedule A to OP41 - Natural Heritage System
Front Desk Access
A Town of Mono Natural Heritage binder is located at the Town of Mono Municipal Office front desk, containing the draft Natural Heritage Atlas mapping, policies and methods, for review and comment. Additional copies of binder materials may be requested at the front desk.
All comments, additions or deletions would be gratefully appreciated. Please send by email to the Planning Department or leave written materials at the Town of Mono Municipal front desk. Thank you.