Tennis courts are reopening in Mono with guidelines based on Tennis Canada's recommendations. Based on the recommendations put forward by the Ontario Tennis Association, there will only be one net put up at each tennis court location. There will be one net put up at the Mono College courts on May 20, 2020, and there is one up at the Mono Centre courts.
For information about playing tennis at the Mono Centre courts, please check the Mono Tennis Club's website. You can also purchase an annual tennis pass from the Town of Mono. Mono annual pass holders can use the Mono Centre tennis courts Monday thorugh Sunday 12 noon to 10 pm.
- Play only with members of your own family/household or other people who are low risk. Do not play if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands before coming to the court and bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Wear gloves/use hand sanitizer when opening the gate.
- Unless playing with members of your own family/household, play only singles.
- Doubles is permissible only if, on both sides of the net, people are partnering with another person from the same household.
- When playing with someone not a member of your household each player is to use their own can of balls, the balls to be personally identified with a marker. Touch only the balls that are yours and use your racquet or foot to send a ball to the other player.
- During play, maintain a 2-metre distance from the other player at all times.
- Avoid touching the net or the net posts.
- At the end of play choose an alternative to shaking hands to express good sportsmanship.
- Limit your playing time to 30 minutes if others are waiting to use the court.
- When waiting for your turn to play, wait outside the fence for the previous players to exit.
- The community washroom is available for your use. Please note this washroom is cleaned once weekly.
- You might consider wearing a mask while entering and exiting the court if you are concerned it might be difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Be alert at all times to protect your health and the health of your fellow club members.
These guidelines will be posted at the courts.