The Community Safety Task Force has developed a survey that seeks information from Mono residents regarding their experiences and impressions of such things as unsafe driving, adequacy of policing and overall community safety.
Please provide your opinions about the current level of policing services and let us know about how safe you feel when at home, out in the community, and when travelling in the Town.
Other Ways to Get Involved
The Council of the Town of Mono approved a motion calling for an increase in speeding fines (Resolution #12-11-2019), something not done in almost 30 years.
The Community Safety Task Force has a section on its page that if you believe, as your Council does, that fines need to increased, you can write or contact the Minister, her staff, and the Dufferin-Caledon MPP.
The Community Safety Task Force will be holding a public meeting on August 20 from 7-930 pm at Town Hall.
Public Meeting Agenda
- Opening Remarks - Deputy Mayor John Creelman
- Presentation on current OPP policing contract - Mike Walker, Chair - Town of Mono Police Service Committee
- Presentation on Traffic Counts and Speeding Statistics - Councillor Fred Nix
- Presentation on Policing Enhancement Opportunities - OPP
- Public Questions and Comments
Whether you are able to attend the public meeting or not, please take the Police Services Survey to share your stories and give your thoughts and opinions about the level of police services in Mono.