Ritchie Fill Alteration - Proposed Variance Under Bylaw 2014-31
Dated December 9, 2019
Robert Brett Ritchie
Tammy Lyn Ritchie
Robert Paul Ritchie
Nicholas James Richie
833231 4th Line, Mono
Part of the West Half of Lot 4, Concession 5 EHS, Town of Mono, County of Dufferin
The owners of the property made an application to the Town of Mono for a proposed variance (exception) to certain provisions contained in the Site Alteration and Fill Bylaw 2014-31, being a Bylaw to regulate site alterations, placement of fill, and removal of topsoil within the Town of Mono.
The Owners of the subject property propose to install approximately 22,000 cubic metres (equivalent to about 1835 tandem truck loads) of environmentally clean fill on a portion of the subject property, to build a one-half (1/2) mile exercise track for their personal standard bred horses and sole personal use.
The most recent Fill Management Plan, dated April 9 2020 is available online for review (please note: the cover page is incorrectly dated April 9, 2019 but is corrected on subsequent pages). The initial Fill Management Plan, dated December 6, 2019 is also still available online.
All information submitted in support of a public meeting or an open house is collected in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001 (as amended), Section 253(1) and may be used in Council deliberations and may be disclosed in full, including email, names and addresses to persons requesting access to records. All information submitted to the municipality is subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information Act (MFIPPA). Questions about this notice of collection should be directed to Fred Simpson, Deputy Clerk, 519-941-3599 Ext. 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normal Farm Practices Protection Board Hearing
The Normal Farm Practices Protection Board has accepted the request from Mr. Ritchie for a hearing under Section 6 of the Farming and Food Production Protection Act, 1998 (FFPPA). The application relates to the Town of Mono’s By-law 2014-31, which the applicant alleges is restricting a normal farm practice undertaken at the agricultural operation located at 833231 4th Line, Mono, Ontario. The hearing dates scheduled for March 14 & 15 have been cancelled.
The hearing has been rescheduled to May 17th and 18th at 10 am.
Check the hearing schedule closer to the date to find out how to observe the hearing.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs — Normal Farm Practices Protection Board Hearing Application, dated November 25, 2021
- Letter from Normal Farm Practices Board Re: Ritchie v Town of Mono, dated September 9, 2022
- Natural Farm Practices Protection Board — Notice of Electronic Pre-Hearing Conference, dated November 9, 2022
- Notice of Electronic Jurisdiction Hearing Cancellation, dated March 13, 2023
- Notice of Electronic Jurisdiction Hearing, dated March 16, 2023 — Hearing Dates: May 17th and 18th at 10 am
Site Alteration and Fill Bylaw Variance
Site Alteration and Fill Bylaw 2014-31
- Comments to Richie Fill Proposal, dated October 8, 2019
- Fill Management Plan, dated December 6, 2019
- Burnside Municipal Perspective & Letter Dated December 19, 2019
- Variance under Site Alteration & Fill Bylaw 2014-31, Ritchie, dated January 22, 2020
- Peer Review of Natural Heritage, prepared by R.J. Burnside Associates, dated February 10, 2020
- Applicant Request to Postpone February 25, 2020 Meeting to March, 2020, dated February 11, 2020
- Site Alteration Work Order, dated March 11, 2020
- Characterization of Imported Soil Located at 833231 4th Line, Mono, dated April 8, 2020
- Fill Management Plan for 833231 4th line, Mono, dated April 9, 2020
- Amended Site Alteration Work Order, dated April 17, 2020
- Amended Amended Site Alteration Work Order, dated June 4, 2020
- Ministry of the Environment Conservation and Parks Fill Response, dated June 19, 2020
- Notice Of Public Meeting on July 14, 2020 — Proposed Variance Under Bylaw 2014-31 (“Fill Bylaw”), dated June 23, 2020
- Site Alteration Work Order Work Plan, dated June 25, 2020
- Letter from residents, dated July 8 and August 2, 2020
- Response to letter from residents and the follow-up from the residents, dated August 6, 2020
- Correspondence to Ritchie, dated August 14, 2020
Extends the last day the order is to be complied with to August 28, 2020
- Letter to Ritchie, Removal Progress and Extension to Timeline, dated August 28, 2020
- Ritchie Report Fill Removal Compliance, dated September 14, 2020
- Report: Fill Removal Order with Inspection and Verification Sampling of Soil, dated October 8, 2020
- Comments Received, re: 833231 4th Line Fill Removal Order, dated October 18, 2020
- Inspection and Verification Sampling in Accordance with Town Order (Laboratory Analysis), report dated October 22, 2020
- Confirmation of Imported Soil Removal from G2S & Photos of Truck Tickets (50 in total), report dated November 4, 2020 (Updated Nov. 10, 2020 to include late arriving truck tickets)
- Response from November 10, 2020 Council Meeting — provision of hard copy fill tickets to Town engineer, dated November 11, 2020
- Response from Town Engineer, R.J. Burnside, concerning the documents provided to verify fill removal, dated November 16, 2020 (NEW!)
- Special Council Meeting on November 17, 2020, Council directs the Bylaw Enforcement Officer to forward a Letter of Compliance (NEW!)