Bellissimo / Full Throttle
The Town of Mono received an application for a site specific Zoning Bylaw Amendment (ZBA 2017-03), which was deemed "complete" by Council on March 13, 2018, in relation to the following subject lands:
507393 Highway 89 Mono
Part of the West Half of Lot 32, Concession 4 EHS
At the Statutory Public meeting held by Council on May 8, 2019, Council deferred the matter at the request of the applicant pending submission of additional information. MHBC Planning, consultant on behalf of the owner, held an Open House on February 13, 2019 with Notice of the Open House being circulated to landowners within 120 metres of the subject lands, as well as to those who attended previous public meetings.
Purpose and Effect
The purpose and effect of hte application is to amend the current Special Local Commercial - 7 (CL-7) Zone in Zoning Bylaw 78-1 to remove "a gas bar" and add "sales and repairs of automobiles, light duty trucks, heavy trucks, and heavy equipment" to the permitted uses on the subject lands.
26 August 2020
Applicant appealed Council’s decision to deny the application for a Zoning Bylaw Amendment to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT).
28 July 2020
Council for the Town of Mono denied the application for a Zoning Bylaw Amendment.
Moved by Fred Nix, Seconded by Ralph Manktelow
THAT we introduce and give the necessary readings to a bylaw to amend Comprehensive Zoning Bylaw 78-1, as amended, to change the permitted uses on Part of West Half of Lot 32 Concession 4 EHS to permit the use of a Small-Scale Vehicle Repair & Sales Shop, that it be signed by the Mayor and the Clerk, sealed and engrossed in the bylaw book.
Mayor Ryan called for a recorded vote.
Yes: Fred Nix
No: Laura Ryan, John Creelman, Ralph Manktelow, and Sharon Martin
"Lost" 1-4 on a recorded vote
View Larger Map
- Town of Mono Confirmation of Receipt of Appeal, dated September 9, 2020 (New!)
- Notice of Appeal ZBA 2017/03 – Full Throttle, dated August 26, 2020 (New!)
- Notice of Refusal, dated August 7, 2020
- Planning Report, dated July 28, 2020
- Notice of Virtual Public Meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 10:00 am
- Cambium Review of Noise Impact Assessment, dated February 24, 2020
- Planner's Report, dated February 12, 2020
- Burnside Letter, dated February 6, 2020
- Burnside Peer Review, dated February 5, 2020
- Environmental Site Assessment, dated July 17, 2015
- Grading & Servicing, dated December 21, 2017
- Pre Service & Stormwater, dated December 22
- Noise Impact Assessment, dated January 9, 2019
- Planning Report, dated June 20, 2019
- Planning Report , dated July 25, 2019
- Notice of February 25, 2020 Meeting
- Traffic Impact Study - Letter, dated March 13, 2018
- Addendum to Planning Report, dated November 14, 2019
- Open House Comments | 2019 March 28
- Planning Justification Report - Full Throttle Auto Sales
Previous PENHC Review and Public Meetings
Town of Mono Planning, Environment and Natural Heritage Committee reviewed this application on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 7:00pm.
The Planning, Environment and Natural Heritage Committee only make recommendations to Council and do not make statutory decisions on applications.
A second Statutory Public Council Meeting was held on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 9:30am.
Both the meeting to review the application and the second Statutory Public Council Meeting was held in the Council Chambers at Mono Town Hall.