Mono Centre Micro Brewery
Site Plan Approval Application
Dated: April 27, 2021
Dated: February 3, 2020
The Town has received a Zoning Bylaw Amendment (ZBA) application with respect to the subject property to facilitate the development of a small-scale micro-brewery, as an on-farm diversified use. The ZBA seeks to rezone a portion of the Subject Property from the Rural (A) Zone to a Special Rural Exception (A-XX) Zone, to permit the micro-brewery and establish a site zone standard to implement the proposed use.
Adoption / Passing of Zoning Bylaw Amendment
Council passed Bylaw 2020-46 on November 17, 2020. The purpose and effect of the Bylaw is to amend a 0.4 hectare (0.98 acre) portion of the Subject Lands zone, Rural A Zone in Zoning Bylaw 78-1, the currently applies to the subject lands, to Rural Special (A-18) to permit one "Microbrewery" as a permitted use.
The last day of appeal of this Decision to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) was Monday, December 21, 2020.
ZBA Statutory Public Meeting
You can view the recorded meeting on the Town's YouTube channel.
November 17, 2020 Meeting (ZBA)
MHBC provided a presentation on the Zoning By-law Amendment during the November 17, 2020 Council Meeting. An overview of the application summary, supporting studies, summary of comments received & response, and a conceptual site plan were provided.
You can view the November 17, 2020 Meeting on the Micro Brewery Zoning Bylaw Amendment on the Town's YouTube channel.
The subject property is located at the northwest corner of Mono Centre Road and 5th Line. It has a lot area of approximately 21.50 hectares (53 acres) and frontage of approximately 360 metres (1,181 feet). The subject property presently includes a residential dwelling and free-standing shed. A large portion of the front yard contains a conifer woodlot that is intersected by the driveway leading to the house. Surrounding land uses include rural residential and farm operations.
View Larger Map
Site Plan Approval Documents
- Site Plan Drawings, dated April 9, 2021
- Servicing Report, dated April 13, 2021
- Site Plan Approval Application, dated April 15, 2021
Zoning Bylaw Amendment Documents
- Planning Report, dated June 17, 2021
- Notice of Adoption / Passing of Zoning Bylaw Amendment for the Micro-brewery at 388113 Mono Centre Road, dated December 1, 2020 (NEW!)
- Bylaw Number 2020-46
- Second Submission, Addendum Material, dated September 22, 2020 (second submission planning materials prepared by MHBC Planning, Hydrogeological Assessment completed by Cambium, and Traffic and Parking letter completed by J.D. Engineering)
- Pumping Test, dated 2020-09-08
- Notice of Statutory Meeting to be held on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 9:15 am
View or download the notice as a .pdf
- Concept Site Plan - Drawing A - 100 + Zoning Bylaw standards, Gerrits Engineering
- Planning Justification Report (PJR) (December 2019)
- Draft Zoning Bylaw Amendment (text) (December 24th, 2019)
- Draft Zoning Bylaw Amendment Schedule (map) (December 24th, 2019)
- Preliminary Hydrogeological Assessment, Cambium Geo-Scientists (December 16th / 2019)
- Water Taking Assessment Letter, Gerrits Engineering (September 24th / 2019)
- Noise Impact Assessment Letter, Gerrits Engineering (December 16th / 2019)
- Aroma (odour) Impact Assessment Letter, Gerrits Engineering (December 16th / 2019)
- Traffic & Parking Impact Assessment Letter, JD Engineering (December 19th/ 2019)