Minor Variance for 486081 30 Sideroad (A05-21)
Purpose of the Minor Variance Application
The purpose of the Minor Variance A05-21 is to allow the upper floor of an accessory building to be finished as an apartment for a family member. While an accessory apartment is a permitted use in the Rural Zone and all Residential Zones [Zoning By-law Section 5(1)(h)], it is not permitted in an accessory building: “No accessory building shall be used for human habitation unless specifically permitted elsewhere in this By-law” [Section 4.4(a)]. Secondary dwelling units are permitted, with conditions, in accessory buildings on lots greater than 10 hectares [Section 4(48)(b) & Section 5(1)(i)]. This property is 3.76 hectares.
Applicants: Michael Colacci & Rechelle Durette
Subject Property: 486081 30 Sideroad
Zoning: Rural (A), Environmental Protection (EP-1)
Committee of Adjustment's Review
The Committee of Adjustment will review the application for a Minor Variance for 486081 30 Sideroad (File A05-21) on
A recorded video of the meeting will be available online after the meeting.
- The Town requests any persons, (i.e., not Applicant or Town Staff or Committee Members) who wish to submit written comments on this Application, do so via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 7 days (1 week) prior to date of the Committee Meeting.
- Persons interested in attending the meeting must contact the Planning Department at email@example.com or 519-941-3599 ext. 224 at least 7 days (1 week) prior to
- If a person or public body that files an appeal of a decision of the Town of Mono Committee of Adjustment, respecting the proposed Minor Variance, does not make written submissions to the Committee of Adjustment before it gives or refuses to give a provisional consent, the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal (LPAT) may dismiss the appeal.
- The Committee of Adjustment Decision respecting this proposed Minor Variance will be posted on the website noted above. If you wish to be notified of the decision you must make a written request to the Committee of Adjustment at the address noted below ℅ Planning Department.
Comments and opinions submitted on this matter, including the author’s name, address and/or email address, become part of the public record and may be viewed by the general public, and/or published in Municipal reports, documents and/or agendas.
View larger map.
View on a What3Words map:
This what3words address refers to a 3 metre square location. Go to the link or enter the 3 words into the free what3words app to find it.
- Notice of Decision (granted with conditions), dated July 29, 2021. Last day for appeal: August 25, 2021
- Site Plan, dated December 18, 2019
- NVCA Correspondence, dated April 8, 2021
- Letter from 1392119 Ontario Ltd. (Metz Homes Ltd.), dated May 6, 2021
- Submitted Application, dated May 6, 2021
- Letter Confirming Application for Secondary Dwelling Unit Intentions, dated July 20, 2021
- Drawings of Finishing Outbuilding
- Notice of Committee of Adjustment Public Meeting
- Planning Report, dated July 29, 2021 [NEW!]
- Committee of Adjustment Agenda for July 29, 2021