Minor Variance: Proposed Hotel & Medical Centre
Two variances to the Zoning Bylaw (Bylaw 78-1) are being requested for the following purposes:
- Increase in the height of proposed hotel from 3 stories to 4 stories (i.e. 10.67 metres to 15.0 metres)
- Reduce on site parking from 154 parking stalls to 135 parking stalls.
- 2715502 Ontario Inc.
- MHBC Planning (c/o Kory Chishom)
East Part Lot 5 Concession 2 WHS RP 7R6117 Part 1
Committee of Adjustment (COA) Notice of Public Meeting on Revised Application
Town of Mono COA will hold an Electronic Virtual / On-Line Public Meeting for the revised application (File A02/21). Town Hall will not be open to the public. Any person or agency may participate in the meeting and/or make written submission either in support of, or in opposition to, the proposed application. Written comments must be submitted to the Town by July 23, 2021. The Meeting is being held virtually under current Provincial COVID protocols, so that Committee can reconsider this Application for a Minor Variance.
Minor Variance File Number A02-21 will be revisited by COA on
You can watch the recorded video of the meeting or find access details for join the meeting online.
- To comply with Provincial COVID measures, the Town requests any persons, (i.e., not Applicant or Town Staff or Committee Members) who wish to submit written comments on this Application, do so through email to email@example.com, at least 5 business days prior to date of the Committee Meeting.
- Persons interested in attending the meeting must contact Susan Pottle, Planning Assistant, at least 48 business hours prior to the meeting.
- If a person or public body that files an appeal of a decision of the Town of Mono Committee of Adjustment, respecting the proposed Minor Variance, does not make written submissions to the Committee of Adjustment before it gives or refuses to give a provisional consent, the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal (LPAT) may dismiss the appeal.
- The Committee of Adjustment Decision respecting this proposed Minor Variance will be posted on the website noted above. If you wish to be notified of the decision you must make a written request to the Committee of Adjustment at the address noted below c/o Planning Department.
Comments and opinions submitted on this matter, including the author’s name, address and/or email address, become part of the public record and may be viewed by the general public, and/or published in Municipal reports, documents and/or agendas.
This what3words address refers to a 3 metre square location. Press the link or enter the 3 words into the free what3words app to find it.
View larger map
- Notice of Decision (granted, with one condition), dated July 29, 2021. Last day for appeal: August 25, 2021.
- Committee of Adjustment Agenda for July 29, 2021
- Follow Up Planning Report, dated July 29, 2021
- Comment Form for A02/21 Resubmission
- Letter from Burnside, dated July 23, 2021 [NEW]
- Cover Letter, dated July 12, 2021
- Potable Water Summary, dated July 12, 2021
- Final Planning Justification Letter, dated July 9, 2021
- Letter from Gunnell Engineering LTD. Re: Sewage System Design, dated July 8, 2021
- Photometric Lighting Plan, dated July 6, 2021
- Stormwater Management Report Summary, dated July 2021
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change — Technical Memo, dated May 12, 2021 [NEW]
- Elevations, dated February 26, 2021
- Site Servicing Plan, dated January 14, 2021
- Preliminary Grading and Drainage Plan, dated January 14, 2021
- Site Plan, dated October 2019
- Rendered Elevations
Rendered View of Hotel from Highway 10 & Monora Park Drive:
Rendered Elevation with Topography (Image Replaced on July 26, 2021 with one with a more realistic view with trees):
Sample Image of Constructed 4 Storey Hampton Inn:
- Notice of Decision — Deferred, dated June 30, 2021
- Notice of Public Meeting to be held online / virtually on Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Comment Form: fill out this form to provide any comments you have this application (File A02-21). Comments must be submitted by June 23, 2021.
- Revised Site Plan, June 24, 2021