Effective January 1st, 2021, the Orangeville OSPCA will no longer be administering dog licensing for Mono residents. The Town is taking over this and will start accepting dog licence applications and renewals in March.
What this Means for Dog Owners
- Dog licences will be purchased/renewed directly from the Town
- Online applications and payments will be available
- You will be able to make payments through online banking
- You can no longer purchase or renew dog licences from the OSPCA
- The Town is working to maintain availability through other outlets such as veterinarians and pet food stores. We will coordinate with local businesses that sold dog licences in the past and create a list of locations where licences will continue to be sold. Until then, you cannot purchase or renew licences from a local business.
- 2020 dog licences are valid until June 1st, 2021
- Application for new licences for dogs acquired between December 15th, 2020 and March 1st, 2021 can be made anytime during March 2021
- All dog owners with current licences will receive a notice of renewal in the mail