Skating rinks will be installed at three of Mono's parks for the 2021 season:
- Mono Centre Park (754483 Mono Centre Road)
- Madill Meadows Park (33 Madill Drive)
- Purple Hill Park (15 Ashwood)
The exact dates of when each rink will be ready is based on weather conditions and the availability of the volunteers.
In previous years, the rinks have normally been up and running by the end of December but have taken up to the beginning of January at the latest.
This year there will be a limit of how many people are allowed on each of the rinks at any one time due to COVID restrictions. On December 26, 2020, a Provincewide Shutdown went into effect. With the shutdown, 25 people are allowed on the rink at a time. Signage will be posted at each rink to reminder users of the limits.
Please remember not to walk on the ice with boots or other footwear as the salt picked up from roads and pathways can ruin the rinks.
The tobogganing hill can be used at Mono Centre.
Skating & Tobogganing Hours
Skating rinks and the tobogganing hill are open from 7 am to 8 pm.
Be respect a rink closure. The rink may be closed due to ice conditions that may create a dangerous environment or prolong when the rink can be used again.
Skiing and Snowshoeing
Check Mono Nordic's website for updates on trail conditions and equipment rental information for cross country skiing at Monora Park.
Winter Activities with the Red (Control) Level of the COVID-19 Response Framework
On December 26, 2020, Ontario moved into a Provincewide Shutdown. The following checklist will help you understand the current rules and regulations for recreational winter activities (e.g. skiing, skating, tobogganing, snowshoeing) and what steps should be taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The locations where these activities take place are not managed by on-site staff. Members of the public are responsible for following provincial and local regulations and recommendations. Activities that require individuals coming within two metres/six feet of others outside your household are not permitted.
Preparing for the Activity
- Download the COVID Alert app that will notify you directly if you have been in close contact with someone who also uses the app and has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Complete a COVID-19 self-screening assessment before leaving home. If you answer YES to any of the questions, stay home, self-isolate, and call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000, your health care provider, or schedule an appointment with an Assessment Centre to get tested. You can call or book an appointment online at the Headwaters Health Care Centre's Assessment Centre.
- Dress/put on equipment at home or in your vehicles.
- Limit bringing personal items.
During the Activity
- If the facility / area looks crowded or has reached its capacity limit, (25) come back another time.
- Know and adhere to all facility policies and procedures.
- Clean hands often with soap and water or 70-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Wear a mask or face covering when physical distancing is difficult.
- If you have brought personal items, place them at least two metres away from others.
- Remain at least two metres from others at all times, including while engaging in the activity, waiting in line to use washrooms/port-a-lets
- Activities where you may come into close contact with others you don’t live with (i.e. where you will be less than two metres apart) are not permitted.
- Do not use equipment or fixed structures that cannot be cleaned and disinfected between each use.
- Do not share personal items (e.g. water bottle, clothes, personal equipment).
After the Activity
- If your mask or face covering was removed, put it on as soon as possible after the activity.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or 70-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Pack up and head home immediately after the activity. Do not linger to socialize or otherwise.
- Launder clothes, including coats, mittens, scarves, etc., in the warmest possible setting and dry completely, if required.