Landscaping and property maintenance businesses that are providing services strictly for safety, security or sanitation purposes will be allowed. These services include lawn cutting, dethatching, rolling, clearing yard of garden debris, aeration, exterior window cleaning, and the filling and sanitization of pools and ponds. This is to ensure that properties remain safe, property standards are met and that grass is maintained to help prevent ticks and mosquitoes in tall grass and standing water.
Businesses and individual operations should continue to follow all of the health precautions from the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Unit including:
- Stay 2.0 metres (six feet) away from each other (physical distancing)
- Avoid all non-essential gatherings of any size
- Stay home from work and other activities if you are sick
- Self-isolate if you are unwell or have travelled outside of Canada
- If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, take the Ontario online Self-Assessment Tool, and if directed, visit a testing Assessment Centre
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently (for at least 20 seconds)
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve or cough and sleeve into your elbow
- Clean and disinfect high touch areas frequently
Businesses with questions about the Provincial list of essential businesses and services can continue to call the Province’s ‘Stop the Spread’ Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659.
For additional information regarding COVID-19, see the following links to Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health Unit: