2018-2019 Hunting Season
Town of Mono's
Wine & Paint
It is currently the hunting season for various animals. As such, there may be audible gunshots that can be heard. Hunting should only be done in areas where it is permitted and the Town would like to remind everyone of what to do if someone is hunting on your property without permission, trespassing, or if there is reason to suspect poaching:
What do I do if someone is hunting on my property without my permission?
It is an offence under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997 for anyone to trespass for the purpose of hunting or fishing.
People should report abuse via the Natural Resources Violation Reporting Line: 1-877-847-7667.
According to MNR's Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary Guide:
A person is trespassing if the person, without appropriate permission, enters onto property or engages in an activity on property where notice has been given that entry or the activity is not allowed. Notice may be given in a variety of ways; some of the common ones are verbally, signs, symbols or fences. Lands under cultivation are also considered to be notice against entry. A hunting licence does not give a hunter the right to enter private property.
Not all land is signed. Unsigned lands may be private land as well. (For example if the property is fenced, no access is permitted without permission of the occupier.) It is your responsibility to find out who owns the land you wish to hunt on and obtain permission. If unsure, stay out. If a wounded animal runs onto private property where you do not have permission to enter, you must seek the landowner’s or occupier’s permission to retrieve the animal.
As well as the Natural Resources Violation Reporting Line, you may also report cases of trespass or suspected poaching to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Below are some resources that will clarify when hunting of which animals will occur and when you can expect to hear audible gunshots:
- A1.0 Site Plan - Powerhouse Self-Storage | Jan. 25, 2019
- A3.0 Elevations - Powerhouse Self-Storage | Jan. 25, 2019
- A3.1 Elevations - Powerhouse Self-Storage | Jan. 25, 2019
- Final Planning Justification Report | January 2019
- HWY 9 Landscape Plan L1 Layout
- HWY 9 Landscape Plan L2 Details
- Powerhouse - Concept Elevations | Dec. 10, 2018
- Scoped EIS | January 2019
- Site Plan Truck Manoeuvre In
- Site Plan Truck Manoeuvre Out
- Site Servicing Grading, SWM & Erosion Sediment Control Plan
- Stormwater Management & Functional Servicing Report | Jan. 10, 2019
- Topographic Survey