Seasonal Road & Sidewalk Snow Plough Operators/ Labourers/ Winter Patrollers
Operation of trucks, graders, backhoe, excavator and loader in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, and Forests contained within the Town’s Assets and Infrastructure system. It also includes the maintenance of Town owned properties, equipment and buildings.
- Maintenance of Bridges, Culverts and Roads
- Grass/Weed Control
- Brushing and Ditching for site line and drainage improvements
- Maintenance of Catch Basins, Concrete Curbs, Storm and Sanitary Sewers
- Storm Water Management Pond Maintenance
- Debris, Litter and Deceased Animal Removal and Disposal
- Asphalt Repair and Patching
- Shoulder Maintenance - Grading, Patching and Washouts Repairs
- Asphalt and Gravel Road Resurfacing
- Sidewalk Maintenance and Patrol
- Gravel Road Grading and Scarifying
- Application of Dust Suppressants and Gravel Road Stabilization Chemicals
- Snow Ploughing, Ice Blading, Sanding & Salting of Town Roads and Parking Lots
Title: Operations Employee (Public Works)
- Snow Fence Installation
- Winter/Spring Drainage Works and Culvert Thawing
- Winter/Summer On Call Duties (Weekly Rotation)
- Patrolling Roads as per MMS, Ontario Regulation 239/02
- Installation and Maintenance of Safety Devices, Signs, Guardrails
- Public Works Yard, Shop and Equipment Maintenance
- Perform diary entrees and record keeping for all daily functions.
- Perform required maintenance at Town Community Centres, Administration Building, Parks, Storm Management Ponds and Water System Pump houses and all Town Lands.
- Other duties, as requested by Operations Foreman, Public Works Manager and Director of Public Works.
- Work in a Safe Manor according to Applicable Town Policies and the “Ontario Health and Safety Act & Regulations”
- Participate in regular Town Training Courses as required by position
- Experienced in the operation of graders, loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, snow removal equipment and other construction equipment used by the Town of Mono.
- Heavy Equipment License or willing to work towards same.
- AZ or DZ License or willing to work towards same within 6 months of hire.
Snow clearing experience is an asset.
Seasonal Employees are required to have a valid AZ or DZ License.
Applications for this position are closed as of Friday, September 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Thank you to all interested applicants.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer.
This document is available in alternate formats, or with accessible communication supports, upon request.