Part Time Parking Enforcement Officer
The Town of Mono is a vibrant, progressive community with deep connections to our heritage, to nature and to the opportunities surrounding us. We are a rural community in both geography and character and are best known for our spectacular landscape of escarpment, rivers, villages and tree-covered rolling hills.
Under the general guidance and direction of the Senior Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Officer, the Parking Enforcement Officer enforces by-laws pertaining to parking and other matters such as littering. Specifically, this position patrols Town roads to identify parking violations and investigates potential violations of other municipal by-laws. Overall, this position plays an integral role in protecting the health, safety, order and comfort of residents and visitors of the Town of Mono by ensuring compliance with the Town's by-law provisions.
In addition to patrolling, this part time position includes managing the administration and processing of parking tickets.
One (1) year of cumulative part time experience or six (6) months of full-time experience in a related field considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard of public relations at all times
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a manner which is consistent with the Town’s goals, vision, mission, and values
- Demonstrated ability to maintain up to date and current knowledge of various legislation, regulations and industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to stand, sit and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Intermediate written and verbal communication, time management, and problem solving skills
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Ontario Class “G" Driver's Licence in good standing with a reliable vehicle for use while on Town business
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Varying schedule including weekends and holidays. Hours will vary depending on corporate demand and include 1 – 3 hours working from Town Hall to process parking tickets. Must be willing to work shifts and weekends with some of them being mandatory.
This is a non-unionized part time position with a 2021 wage between approximately $25 - $30 per hour. You will be reimbursed for mileage for use of a personal vehicle while on Town business.
Please submit resumé and cover letter to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on May 7, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The Town of Mono is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us if you require an accommodation.