Accounting Clerk/Payroll Administrator
Minimum two year Community College Diploma in business administration with course study in accounting
Minimum three years of municipal administration experience in bookkeeping, general accounting and payroll administration
- Basic knowledge of municipal government financial operations
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Understanding of accounting practices and their respective applications to municipal accounting requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team member however, able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong customer contact skills
- Ability to operate in an environment with a variety of changing priorities, with interruptions and no privacy
- This position, reporting to the Treasurer, is responsible for the administrative duties associated with payroll processing and administration, accounts payable and banking.
- Composes and types correspondence on routine matters requiring knowledge of departmental operations and regulations using standardized formats
- Answers varied inquiries, over the phone or in person, explaining policies and procedures and resolving routine questions or problems independently
- Performs counter reception and telephone back up duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please submit your covering letter and detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com by 4:30 pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
This document is available in alternate formats, or with accessible
communication supports, upon request.