Mono Research Advisory Committee
To promote the sustainability of the economy, environment and rural landscape of Mono.
- Del Bernardi
- Elaine Capes
- Sharon Edmonds
- Jason Kipps
- Ed Kroeker
- Andrew Mahadana
- Ralph Manktelow (Council Rep)
- Don Sinclair
- Cynthia Unwin
- To conduct research on matters assigned by Council or regarding matters identified by the committee and approved by Council, related to the environment and economy of Mono.
- To develop creative solutions for matters with a view to improve conditions for Mono residents and for the maintenance of a sustainable environment.
- To present all options, considerations and viewpoints on an issue to Council in a written form to be reviewed by Council in open public format, with recommended solutions to be in the standard ‘Resolution of Advice to Council’.
- To recommend additional citizen volunteers to Council for appointment to the committee for limited membership for specific projects as needed.
Members of the Committee are committed to the following values:
- Responsibility to work for the betterment of conditions for Mono Residents
- Right to Know encourage open communications between Committees, Council, Administration, and Mono Residents.
-Economy … local businesses should be acknowledged, appreciated and encouraged, consistent with the environment and rural landscape of Mono.
-Environment … share, with all sectors of society, in the responsibility for promoting, maintaining and protecting the environment and rural landscape of Mono.
Committee members are appointed by Council at the beginning of each new administration and as Council deems appropriate during the 4 year term of that Council. At the beginning of the term, the committee elects a Chairperson for a one year period. This process is repeated annually throughout the four year term.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, excepting July and August, at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Office Committee Meeting Room.
Meeting dates and location are subject to change. Meetings, including agenda, are published on the MRAC page.
You can find various documents pertaining to MRAC including minutes of past meetings online.