The links below are to the various RSS feeds found throughout the web site.
Click on the orange "RSS Icon" to the right of a feed to subscribe to that feed.
- News & Announcements
- This feed includes announcements, news and other matters of interest that may affect residents. Examples include press releases, road closures & public service announcements.
- Recreation & Community Events
- This feed includes all announcements regarding community events & recreation activities going on in the town.
- Events Calendar
- This feed includes all events posted to the calendar including recreation activities, community events and other municipal events.
- Council & Committee Agenda
- » To subscribe to Council & Committee meeting updates, please visit E-Updates
What is RSS?
RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS
It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content the town's web site. You save time by not needing to visit site as often as the information is sent to you automatically.
What do I need to do to read an RSS Feed?
Feed Reader or News Aggregator software allow you to grab the various RSS feeds and display them for you to read.
A variety of RSS Readers are available for different platforms. Some popular feed readers include Amphetadesk (Windows, Linux, Mac), FeedReader (Windows), and NewsGator (Windows - integrates with Outlook). There are also a number of web-based feed readers available. My Yahoo, Bloglines, and Google Reader are popular web-based feed readers.
Many popular email clients (commonly referred to as an email program), including Outlook, Thunderbird & Apple Mail, include an integrated RSS Reader. If you are using one of these programs, you do not need to install a separate RSS Reader.
Once you have your Feed Reader, it is simply a matter of clicking on the RSS icon.
Subscribe to one of the Town's newsletters.