Mono On A Bike
Saturday September 6th, 2014
Set this date aside for Mono’s 3rd Annual Biking Tour Day. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Niagara Escarpment on one of the designated routes through Mono’s picturesque countryside. Varying tour lengths make this a perfect day for everyone from the dedicated bike rider to the casual family rider.
- Town of Mono
- Suitable for mountain/hybrid bikes with routes ranging from 7½ km to 35 km.
- Starts and finishes at Mono Community Centre. The routes can contain a combination off-road trails in Mono Cliffs provincial park and Dufferin Forest, and maintained and non-maintained gravel roads in the Town of Mono.
- There are four routes:
- 7.5km for kids 5-10 years - FREE - parents can ride free with their children - kids get free BBQ lunch and T-shirt
- 15km Recreational (twice around the 7.5km) - for the casual rider with no hills
- 15km Advanced - for the avid cyclist that is more technical and with some hills
- 35km - for the dedicated cyclist that is more technical and with several longer hills
- Online at zone4.ca
- $40 (limited available)
Children (5 - 10 years) "FREE" on the 7.5 km ride.
Parents ride free with their children on this ride.
Registration has been extended to September 4th.
Limited registrations will be available on the day of the event between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. at $40 payable by cash or cheque only.
Price includes registration, refreshments along ride route and a BBQ lunch. T-shirts will be given to the first 100 paid registrants. Late Registration closes at 9 a.m. on the day of the event. If registering at the event, payment can be made by cash or cheque (payable to the Town of Mono).
The organizers of Mono On A Bike are looking for volunteers to help out on the day of the event. Anyone interested in helping out, please contact Kim Perryman.
A visually stunning bike tour through the rolling hills of the Niagara Escarpment.
Follow MOAB on Facebook
Sponsored by the Town of Mono